The AOCNP® examination tests the knowledge necessary for the nurse to practice competently as a nurse practitioner in adult oncology. Candidates who pass the AOCNP® Test may use the certification mark "AOCNP®" to verify that they have met all eligibility and testing requirements. The certification mark may be used only as long as certification is valid. AOCNP® certification is valid for four years.
AOCNP® examinations are offered throughout the year. Candidates may apply at any time they meet the eligibility criteria. AOCNP® candidates should allow 4-6 weeks following application to receive an Authorization to Test (ATT), which will confirm eligibility to test and contain the information needed to make a testing appointment. The ATT will be valid for 90 days. It is the candidate's responsibility to schedule a testing appointment and take the test prior to the expiration of the ATT. Please review the 2015 AOCNP® and AOCNS® Test Candidate Handbook.
Candidates who wish to test before the year-end should apply by September 1 to ensure a 90-day testing window. Candidates who apply after September 1 may not have a full 90-day testing opportunity before December 31. In this instance, candidates may test in an abbreviated window (less than 90-days) or test during a 90-day window in the following year. Candidates who opt to test in the abbreviated window must test within the shorter time period.
Special Offer for AOCN® Certified Nurses: AOCN® certified nurses may apply for a 2015 AOCNP® or AOCNS® Test at 50% off the fee. Please use the link for the discount application below and apply by mail or fax. The discount cannot be obtained when applying online.
AOCNP® test application information
- Eligibility Criteria for initial AOCNP® candidates
- 2015 Test Dates, Application Deadlines and Fees (PDF)
- Apply Online (registration opens in November 2014)
- Application for 2015 AOCNP® Certification-Discount – AOCN® certified nurses only (PDF)
- AOCNP® Candidate Practice Verification Form (PDF)
- Special Accommodations for Americans with Disabilities
- Credential Evaluation Services for Candidates Educated or Licensed Outside the US
- International Testing Information (PDF)
- Experience Calculator
AOCNP® Test information
- 2015 AOCNP & AOCNS Test Candidate Handbook (PDF) - All candidates should review
- About the AOCNP® Test
- AOCNP® Test Blueprint (Test content outline – PDF)
- 2015 AOCNP® Test References (PDF)
- Sample Test Questions
- Study Tips
- Practice Tests
- Review Courses
- AOCNP® Role Delineation Study – Executive Summary (PDF)
Make a Test Appointment
Test Day Information
- Identification Requirements for Admission to Test (PDF)
- About Computer-Based Testing
- Taking the Test
- What to Expect at the Test Center
- Test Scores, Score Reports, and Cancellation of Scores