BMTCN™ Certification– for nurses in adult and pediatric BMT
The BMTCN™ examination tests the knowledge necessary for the nurse to practice competently at the basic level in adult or pediatric blood and marrow transplantation nursing. This certification validates an individual's specialized knowledge in blood and marrow transplantation nursing. Candidates who pass the BMTCN™ Test may use the certification mark "BMTCN™" to verify that they have met all eligibility and testing requirements. The certification mark may be used only as long as certification is valid. BMTCN™ certification is valid for four years.
The BMTCN™ Test Candidate Handbook contains information you need to prepare for a BMTCN™ test. It includes the Test Blueprint, suggested references, and certification policies. When you apply for a test, you must affirm you have read, understand, and accept the conditions described in the BMTCN™ Test Candidate Handbook about test administration, reporting of scores, and certification policies.
If you are testing in 2014, please refer to the 2014 BMTCN™ Test Candidate Handbook.
Use the links below to access information about the steps involved in applying and preparing for a test.
- Eligibility Criteria
- 2015 Test Dates, Application Deadlines and Fees (PDF)
- Apply Online (registration opens in November 2014)
- Acceptable Approvers and Providers of Nursing Continuing Education. Continuing education is required for initial certification.
- Special Accommodations for Americans with Disabilities
- Credential Evaluation Services for Candidates Educated or Licensed Outside the US
International Testing Information (PDF)
BMTCN™ Test Information & Test Prep Resources
- BMTCN™ Test Candidate Handbook (PDF)
- About the BMTCN™ Test
- BMTCN™ Test Blueprint (Test content outline) (PDF)
- 2015 BMTCN™ Test References (PDF)
- Sample Test Items
- Study Tips
- Practice Tests
- Review Courses
Make a Test Appointment
Test Day Information
- Identification Requirements for Admission to Test (PDF)
- About Computer-Based Testing
- Taking the Test
- What to Expect at the Test Center
- Test Scores, Score Reports, and Cancellation of Scores