Acceptable Approval Bodies/Providers of Nursing Continuing Education
Review courses can be used for initial certification or for renewal but make sure the contact hours have been provided or approved by an accredited provider of nursing education such as:
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS)
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN)
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA)
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- Any agency, organization or educational institution accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Association of Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurses (APHON)
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
- European Oncology Nursing Society
- International Association for Continuing Education & Training (IACET)
- Korean Oncology Nursing Society
- Medom Nursing CE
- National Association of Neonatal Nurses (NANN)
- National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health (NPWH)
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates and Practitioners (NAPNAP)
- National League for Nursing (NLN)
- Royal College of Nursing
- Royal College of Nursing, Australia
- State Boards of Nursing in Alabama, California, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Nevada, Ohio, and West Virginia
- State Nurses Associations
- Wisconsin Society for Health Education and Training (WISHET)
Note: Candidates who received their nursing education or nursing license outside of the United States, its territories, or Canada must have their education and licensure evaluated for U.S. equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service.
Online Continuing Education Resources
Nurses who can’t attend conferences can earn accredited nursing continuing education (CE) in other ways. A number of nursing journals, as well as websites, offer free or low cost CE opportunities. The following is a list of just a few resources where you can find nursing continuing education.
- Oncology Nursing Society
- Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses
- Western Schools
- Nurses Learning Network
- Homestead Schools
- The Oncology Nurse
- Wild Iris Medical Education
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
Need ideas for CNE?
Check out these CE courses that have already been evaluated for ILNA points.
Find more available CE offerings.