PITTSBURGH, PA – May 12, 2015 – The Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC) has elected four members to the Board of Directors, including a new president for 2015 to 2016.
Marybeth Singer, MS, ANP-BC, AOCN®, of Natick, MA, was elected President of the Board of Directors. Singer has served on the Board of Directors since 2011. Singer is a nurse practitioner at Tufts Medical Center in Boston, MA.
Rebecca O’Shea, OCN®, AOCNS®, CBCN®, of Lewisville, TX, was elected Vice President of the Board of Directors. O’Shea is an Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist, Cancer Program Coordinator and Navigator at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Denton, TX.
Diane Otte, RN, MS, OCN®, of Onalaska, WI was elected Secretary/Treasurer. Otte is the Director of Cancer Center & Dermatology at Mayo Clinic Health System and Franciscan Healthcare, Cancer Center in La Crosse, WI.
In March, Melody Watral, MSN, RN, CPNP-PC, CPON®, of Carrboro, NC, was elected as the Pediatric Oncology Nurse (CPON®) member of the Board of Directors. Watral is a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and Clinical Instructor at the UNC School of Medicine in the department of Neurosurgery in Chapel Hill, NC.
The 2015 - 2016 ONCC Board of Directors are:
- Marybeth Singer, MS, ANP-BC, AOCN®, of Natick, MA - President
- Rebecca O’Shea, OCN®, AOCNS®, CBCN®, of Lewisville, TX - Vice President
- Diane Otte, RN, MS, OCN®, of Onalaska, WI - Secretary/Treasurer
- Meredith Lahl, MSN, PCNS-BC, PPCNP-BC, CPON®, of Rocky River, OH
- Lucy Licameli, RN, BSN, OCN®, of St. Louis, MO
- Susie Newton, MS, RN, AOCN®, AOCNS®, of Dayton, OH
- Kathy Riley, BS, of Granada Halls, CA
- Michael Smart, RN, BSN, OCN®, of Madison, AL
- Melody Watral, MSN, RN, CPNP-PC, CPON®, of Carrboro, NC
- Margaret Barton-Burke, PhD, RN, FAAN, of St. Louis, MO - Ex-Officio
- Brenda Nevidjon, RN, MSN, FAAN, of Pittsburgh, PA - Ex-Officio, President and CEO of ONS
- Cynthia Miller Murphy, RN, MSN, CAE, of Pittsburgh, PA - Ex-Officio, Executive Director of ONCC