Pittsburgh, PA, June 3, 2020 – The Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC), the leading provider of nationally accredited certification in cancer care, announces its 2020-2021 Board of Directors. The Board includes seven incumbents and three new members.
The 2020-2021 ONCC Board officers are:
- Nickolaus Escobedo, DNP, RN, OCN®, NE-BC, Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas – President
- Lori Williams, PhD, RN, APRN, OCN®, AOCN®, The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas – Vice-President
- Clara Beaver, MSN, RN, ACNS-BC, AOCNS®, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, Michigan – Secretary/Treasurer
Additional incumbent Board members include:
- Andria Caton, MSN, RN, OCN®, CHPN, Northeast Georgia Medical Center, Gainesville, Georgia
- Cheryl Scheck, PMP, of Smyrna, Georgia – Public Member
- Anna Vioral, PhD, MEd, RN, OCN®, BMTCN®, Allegheny Health Network, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Melody Watral, MSN, RN, CPNP-PC, CPON®, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Newly elected Board members include:
- Kerstin Scheper, MSN, RN-BC, OCN®, CHPN, Overlook Medical Center, East Hanover, New Jersey
- Kathy Perko, RN, MS, PPCNP-BC, CHPPN, CPLC, CPON, FPCN, APHON Liaison, Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, Portland, Oregon
- Matt Farber, Director of Advocacy and Professional Relationships, AbbVie, Rockville, Maryland
According to ONCC Executive Director Tony Ellis, MSEd, CAE, “We are fortunate to have a dedicated group of leaders on our Board who are committed to elevating professional practice in oncology nursing through certification. The delivery of cancer care has changed significantly in the past few months. Certified nurses will continue to be at the forefront in redefining best practices for patient care.”
ONCC is the premier provider of nationally accredited certifications for registered nurses in oncology and related specialties. Certification promotes health and safety by validating competence and ensuring life-long learning in those fields. ONCC has nearly 40,000 certified nurses in adult oncology, pediatric hematology oncology, breast care, or blood and marrow transplant nursing.