Pittsburgh, PA, May 5, 2021 – The Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC), the leading provider of nationally accredited certification in cancer care, announces its 2021-2022 Board of Directors. The Board includes eight incumbents and two new members.
The 2021-2022 ONCC Board officers are:
- Lori Williams, PhD, RN, APRN, OCN®, AOCN®, The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas – President
- Clara Beaver, MSN, RN, ACNS-BC, AOCNS®, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, Michigan – President-Elect
- Kerstin Scheper, MSN, RN-BC, OCN®, CHPN, Overlook Medical Center, East Hanover, New Jersey – Secretary/Treasurer
Additional incumbent Board members include:
- Andria Caton, MSN, RN, OCN®, CHPN, Northeast Georgia Medical Center, Gainesville, Georgia
- Matt Farber, AbbVie, Rockville, Maryland
- Kathy Perko, RN, MS, PPCNP-BC, CHPPN, CPLC, CPON, FPCN, APHON Liaison, Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, Portland, Oregon
- Cheryl Scheck, PMP, of Smyrna, Georgia – Public Member
- Anna Vioral, PhD, MEd, RN, OCN®, BMTCN®, Allegheny Health Network, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Newly elected Board members include:
- Paige Johnson, RN, DNP, MPH, APRN, CPHON®, Children’s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO
- Matt Ortiz, MSN, RN, NE-BC, OCN®, Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center, Spokane, WA
ONCC is the premier provider of nationally accredited certifications for registered nurses in oncology and related specialties. Certification promotes health and safety by validating competence and ensuring life-long learning in those fields. ONCC has over 40,000 certified nurses in adult oncology, pediatric hematology oncology, breast care, or blood and marrow transplant nursing.