Marie Christine Seitz, DNP, RN, NP, NE-BC, AOCN®, BMTCN®
Clinical Nurse Consultant, Bristol Myers Squibb
Clinical Nurse II, Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles
- Director, Mount Saint Mary’s University traditional BSN program, 10/2017-12/2021
- Member, AOCNP Passing Score Task Force, Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation, 2004
- Director-at-Large, Greater Los Angeles Chapter, Oncology Nursing Society, 2020 – Present
- Chair, Government Relations/Nominating/Program Committees, Greater Los Angeles Chapter, Oncology Nursing Society, 2011 – 2019
- Participant, ONS Hill Days, Oncology Nursing Society, 2017
How would you promote or further the mission of ONCC as a member of the ONCC Board of Directors?
My passion lies in supporting nurses as they learn and grow. Oncology nurses provide care to the sick and vulnerable in a way that must be safe, based in evidence and empathetic. My personal mission has always been to educate and support nurses to be the best caregivers they can be. I’ve served as both an academic and clinical educator and have vast experience in assessing competency while encouraging curiosity around nursing. In the role of Director at Large for ONCC, I will enact that mission through the passionate marketing of our certification products to nurses, health care institutions and schools, as well as provide support and knowledge to ONCC in furtherance of their mission. This will involve the support of ONCC through attending meetings, overseeing financial statements, assisting with prioritizing strategic imperatives, and contributing to the development of the certification products and their support materials. I will also serve as an example of the importance of certification in one’s professional development, as I obtained my first clinical certification 2 years after becoming a nurse and have remained consistently certified since then. I look forward to being a more active supporter of an organization that has impacted my life so greatly.