Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner (AOCNP®)
Renewal application and completed learning plans are due several months before your certification expires. Click here to see current renewal fees and deadlines.
Determining if you are eligible for renewal
- Current Certification
Current AOCNP® certification
- Active License
A current, active, unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the US, its territories or Canada at the time of application and examination.
- 1,000 Hours of Practice
A minimum of 1,000 hours practice as a nurse practitioner in adult oncology within the four years (48 months) prior to application.
What is Advanced Practice? ONCC uses the definition of Advanced Practice nursing provided by the American Nurses Association.
- ONCC certifications are valid for four years. Three renewal options are available for most credentials - Option 1 is most popular. You must have a current, active, unencumbered RN license and meet the requirements for the specific renewal option.
- Option 1: Practice hours + Professional Development (Points)
- Option 2: Practice hours + Successful testing
- Option 3: Points + Successful testing
- Renewal applications and completed learning plans are due several months before your certification expires.
- September 15 (of year certification expires): Early-bird application deadline (Save $100 off final deadline fee)
- October 15 (of year certification expires): Final application deadline date.
- March 31 (of year after credential expiration): Final Reinstatement application deadline date.
Check out these resources to help with your renewal.
The Big List of Free CE
Are you looking for free or low-cost continuing education (CE) programs for certification renewal? You may be able to use these lists of free CE offerings.