Eligibility Criteria for Certification Renewal
The following eligibility criteria must be met at the time of application.
- Current CBCN® certification
- A current, active, unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the US, its territories or Canada at the time of application and examination.
- A minimum of one year (12 months) of experience as an RN within the three years (36 months) prior to application, and
- A minimum of 1,000 hours of breast care nursing practice within the two-and-one-half years (30 months) prior to application.
Renewing your certification
All ONCC certifications are valid for four years. Renewal candidates must have a current, active, unencumbered RN license. Three renewal options are available:
- Option 1: Practice hours + Professional Development (Points)
- Option 2: Practice hours + successful testing
- Option 3: Points + successful testing
Candidates who are using renewal Option 3 (Points + Testing) should submit both the application and points in LearningBuilder at the same time by the test application deadline date