Advanced Oncology Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist (AOCNS®)
Renewal application and completed learning plans are due several months before your certification expires. Click here to see current renewal fees and deadlines.
Determining if you are eligible for renewal
- Current Certification
Current AOCNS® certification
- Active License
A current, active, unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the US, its territories, or Canada at the time of application and examination.
- 1,000 Hours of Practice
A minimum of 1,000 hours of practice in roles of the clinical nurse specialist in adult oncology within the four years (48 months) prior to application
- You are required to earn 50 points in adult oncology.
- Testing is not an option for renewal of AOCNS®.
- Renewal applications and completed learning plans are due several months before your certification expires.
- September 15 (of year certification expires): Early-bird application deadline (Save $100 off final deadline fee)
- October 15 (of year certification expires): Final application deadline date.
- March 31 (of year after credential expiration): Final Reinstatement application deadline date.
The Big List of Free CE
Are you looking for free or low-cost continuing education (CE) programs for certification renewal? You may be able to use these lists of free CE offerings.