Available for Renewal Only
Certified Pediatric Oncology Nurse (CPON®)
Renewal application and completed learning plans are due several months before your certification expires. Click here to see current renewal fees and deadlines.
Determining if you are eligible for renewal
- Current Certification
Current CPON® certification
- Active License
A current, active, unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the US, its territories or Canada at the time of application and examination.
A minimum of one year (12 months) of experience as an RN within the three years (36 months) prior to application, and
- 1,000 Hours of Practice
A minimum of 1,000 hours of pediatric oncology nursing practice within the two-and-one-half years (30 months) prior to application.
- You are required to earn 50 points in pediatric oncology.
- Testing is not an option for renewal of CPON®.
- Renewal applications and completed learning plans are due several months before your certification expires.
- September 15 (of year certification expires): Early-bird application deadline (Save $100 off final deadline fee)
- October 15 (of year certification expires): Final application deadline date.
- March 31 (of year after credential expiration): Final Reinstatement application deadline date.
The Big List of Continuing Education
Are you looking for free or low-cost continuing education (CE) programs for certification renewal? You may be able to use these lists of free CE offerings.