Most certified nurses say they were encouraged to apply for certification by a colleague. You can help promote certification to your colleagues! Here are some ways to encourage certification at your organization:
- Posting flyers on unit bulletin boards
- Submitting announcements for newsletters
- Distribute the brochure, Certification Makes a Difference and the Certification Registration Manual to nurses who are not certified.
- Present a program about the benefits of certification at a chapter meeting or at your institution.
- Email a study tip of the week to motivate nurses who are preparing for certification.
- Organize a review course for potential test candidates.
- Download fun resources to hand out to nurses interested in certification
- Place an announcement in your chapter or institution newsletter that reads, "Ask Me About Certification!" and include your name, phone number, and email address.
You can also join the Oncology Nursing Certification Advocate program. As an advocate, you will receive the most up-to-date information about certification. Advocates will also be given ribbons to wear at select oncology conferences.
To help you promote certification, we offer a number of free brochures and posters.
For more information, contact ONCC at 877-769-6622 or email us.