Celebrate For Nurses
Most certified nurses say they were encouraged to apply for certification by a colleague. Here are some ways you can promote certification among your colleagues:
- Post flyers on unit bulletin boards
- Submit announcements for newsletters
- Distribute brochures to nurses who are not certified.
- Present a program about the benefits of certification at a chapter meeting or at your institution.
- Email a study tip of the week to motivate nurses who are preparing for certification.
- Organize a review course.
- Download fun resources to hand out to nurses interested in certification.
- Place an announcement in your chapter or institution newsletter that reads, "Ask Me About Certification!" and include your name, phone number, and email address.
Join the Oncology Nursing Certification Advocate program. As an advocate, you will receive the most up-to-date information about certification. Advocates will also be given ribbons to wear at select oncology conferences.
To help you promote certification, we offer free brochures and posters.
For more information, contact ONCC at 877.769.6622 or email us.