This award recognizes a CBCN® who has made significant contributions to breast care nursing; breast care nursing service; and who has supported and promoted breast care nursing and/or oncology nursing certification. The Certified Breast Care Nurse of the Year will receive $1,000 and be presented with a crystal award at the Recognition Breakfast for Oncology Certified Nurses at the ONS Annual Congress. Please see below for information about the award criteria.
Application Deadline: December 1
To submit a nomination, please fill out the form below:
Nominees must demonstrate accomplishments in the promotion of breast care nursing certification; and breast care nursing service; as well as in one of the following areas of breast care nursing; clinical practice, education, consultation, or research.
Promotion of Oncology Nursing Certification
- Actively promotes breast care nursing certification and/or oncology nursing certification among nursing colleagues, other healthcare professionals, and healthcare consumers
- Enhances the image of breast care nursing among the general public
- Participates in community affairs, legislative activities, or in organizations that affect nursing
- Enhances the image of breast care nursing among healthcare professionals
- Participates in community education
Breast Care Nursing Practice
Candidates must demonstrate accomplishments in ONE of the following areas (nominee, nominator, and recommendations must all address the same area):
- Develops or uses creative approaches to breast care nursing which enhance quality patient care
- Serves as an example to inspire breast care nurse peers
- Demonstrates a commitment to the care of persons with breast cancer and their families
- Participates in the education and development of nurses
- Participates in patient/family teaching
- Participates in educating other disciplines about breast care nursing
- Participates in the research process
- Applies research findings to nursing practice
- Conducts research which positively affects breast care nursing
- Nominees must be CBCN®-certified at the time of nomination and award presentation.
- Nominees must have current, active, unencumbered RN licensure (or equivalent foreign credentials).
- Members of the ONCC Recognition Subcommittee and the ONCC Board of Directors are not eligible to be nominees, to nominate others, or to provide recommendations for nominees.
- Each nomination must include completed Nomination Information, Biographical information, and two Recommendations/Letters of Reference.
- The two Recommendations/Letters of Reference must be from individuals other than the nominator or nominee. Only two Recommendations may be submitted; additional recommendations will not be considered.
- All materials must be submitted to ONCCNominations@oncc.org. It will be the responsibility of the Nominator or Nominee (if a self-nomination) to provide the requested information, and to submit the supporting References/Letters of Recommendation with the online application.
- Completed nominations must be submitted by December 15.
- Incomplete or late nominations will not be considered.
- Additional materials or supporting documentation will not be considered.
- All decisions of the ONCC Recognition Subcommittee and ONCC Board of Directors are final.
- Award recipients must agree to be recognized in ONCC Certification News, and/or other publications approved by ONCC.