PSI currently requires all test candidates to wear a mask while in the testing center. Please check PSI Covid Updates regularly for more information.
Special security measures are in place at the testing center to help maintain the integrity of the examination. These are routine procedures that apply to all candidates. To help you become comfortable with these security measures, please review the information below.
- All candidates will be required to remove their eyeglasses for close visual inspection by the TCAs. These inspections will take a few seconds and will be done at check-in and again upon return from breaks.
- Jewelry outside of wedding and engagement rings is prohibited. Candidates should be instructed to not wear other jewelry to the test center.
- Hair accessories are subject to inspection. Candidates should refrain from wearing ornate clips, combs, barrettes, headbands, and other hair accessories as they may be prohibited from wearing them in to the testing room and asked to store them in their locker.
- If candidate is caught with a camera device prior to entering the testing room, PSI will confiscate the device and the candidate won’t be permitted to test.
- If a candidate is caught with a camera device while in the testing room, PSI will confiscate and the exam will be terminated.
Arrival at the Test Center and Check In
- Plan to arrive 30 minutes before your test appointment to allow time for check-in procedures. Be sure you have your required ID. If you arrive late you will not be permitted to test and will forfeit your appointment and test fee.
- You will be scanned with a metal detector wand and required to provide a fingertip scan prior to every entry into the test room.
- You will be required to raise your pants legs above your ankles, empty and turn all pockets inside-out and raise shirt sleeves above your wrists prior to every entry into the test room
Confidentiality of ONCC Examinations (Non-Disclosure Agreement)
Before the test session begins, you will be presented with the following Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) regarding test content. You must agree to the NDA in order for the test session to begin. Please be prepared to read and indicate agreement with the NDA when it appears on-screen in order to proceed with the test session.This examination and the test questions contained herein are the exclusive property of the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation. This examination and the items (questions) contained herein are protected by copyright law. No part of this examination may be copied or reproduced in part or whole by any means, whatsoever, including memorization. Future discussion or disclosure of the contents of this examination orally, in writing, or by any other means is prohibited. Any theft or attempted theft of examination items from the testing center is punishable to the fullest extent of the law. Your participation in any irregularity occurring during this examination, such as giving or obtaining unauthorized aid, as evidenced by observation or subsequent analysis may result in termination of your participation, invalidation of the results of the examination, or other appropriate action.
Candidates who do not agree to the terms of the confidentiality agreement will have their test session terminated. Candidates whose test session is terminated will not receive a refund of test fees.
Learn more about what to expect at the test center on test day.