ONCC invites all certified oncology nurses to join the Oncology Nursing Certification Advocates Program. These volunteers share information and promote the value of certification in their workplace, chapter or community. Some of the ways advocates help promote certification include:
- Posting flyers on unit bulletin boards
- Submitting announcements for newsletters
- Distribute the brochure, Certification Makes a Difference and the Test Candidate Handbook to nurses who are not certified.
- Present a program about the benefits of certification at a chapter meeting or at your institution.
- Email a study tip of the week to motivate nurses who are preparing for certification.
- Organize a review course for potential test candidates.
- Download fun resources to hand out to nurses interested in certification
- Place an announcement in your chapter or institution newsletter that reads, "Ask Me About Certification!" and include your name, phone number, and email address.
We'll provide a kit with everything you need to promote oncology nursing certification, as well as periodic updates featuring the latest news and information about certification.
Advocates will be recognized in the ONCC News, on ONCC Online, and will be given ribbons to wear at select oncology conferences. Advocates also will be eligible for various rewards and incentives, based on the number of certification candidates they refer.
To help you promote certification, we offer a number of free brochures and posters.
For more information, contact ONCC at 877-769-6622 or email us.